WWII Interview Project Training

Monday, August 31, 2009

Solid Start Continues

First off, many thanks to Mr. Little, who positively identified my grammatical error in my last post. It's a big one; I certainly hope my students never fail to impress me, not disappoint me. I told him that it was just a test to see if he still knew the English language like the back of his hand. I don't think he bought that.

Here's what's on tap for this week.

Economics has a test on Friday on market structure, the principles of economics, scarcity, the factors of production, etc. The students have really impressed me so far, and as a class mainly made of of underclassmen they are doing exceptionally well. 

US History I will continue our studies on colonial life, the Puritans, and might even include a Salem Witch Trial simulation in class. We'll also revisit life onboard a slave ship to the New World as well.

US History II's agenda includes debating Muslim profiling in the wake of 9/11, Operation Enduring Freedom, and the Patriot Act. Looking forward to an exciting week in this class as well!

And last but certainly not least, World Geography's plans include a debate on global warming, population explosions, and stages that every nation goes through.

It's certainly going to be a well-deserved Labor Day break for my students- GREAT JOB so far! You are really impressing me- keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment