WWII Interview Project Training

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back in Business

Are you ready for another year? That answer better be a resounding "Yes!"

I'm thrilled to be back in the swing of things as I start my 3rd year teaching. There's nothing like the clanks of lockers, confused freshmen roaming the hallways, and a full day of syllabi!

I'm currently in the process of completely revamping my US History I curriculum. Instead of being a complete course in government, we're going to cover early American history and take an extended rest stop during the Revolutionary and post-Revolution period for an in-depth study of the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and all that good stuff. After we're done with that, we'll try to get to post-Reconstruction material where we will stop at 1877. Senior US History II class will pick up from there, covering 1877-present. That just makes more sense- or so I hope!

Other noteworthy tidbits:

1) World Geography class, once again, has the potential to be amazing this year. For the past two years it's been a very random mix of upper and underclassmen, and this year is no different. It's a great opportunity for the seniors to step up and be leaders/mentors to the freshmen and sophomores, and I have full confidence that they will. Last year seniors were complaining at the beginning of the year about being in class with freshmen; by the end of the year they were great friends.

2) Economics- wow. I'm as excited as one can be to teach this class, especially in a time like this. Great potential!

3) It's been nearly 8 months since I posted last. Wow.

It's going to be a great year. Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment