WWII Interview Project Training

Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Fall!

Yes, fall is here, but you almost wouldn't know it with the Indian Summer we've been experiencing lately. Football is in full swing, but the harvest and cooler weather will have to wait awhile, apparently!

I did some extra research on Ben Franklin last week, as he made a special appearance in both my US History I classes. In addition to inventing the lightning rod, Franklin also invented the armonica, fire insurance, street lamps, the first library in the colonies, bifocals, and a library chair. And this was only in one phase of his life!

And wow, I found some golden quotes that I just had to share. Check these out:

"Little strokes fell great oaks"
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

If you'd like to check out more, here's the website: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/benjamin_franklin.html

What's Going On This Week:

US History I - Declaration of Independence and Common Sense - it all will make sense by the end of the week!

US History II - I love the 80s - do you? Reagan, Challenger, Olympics, and more

World Geography - It's "Getting to Know You" week as we study our next-door neighbor Canada. Sounds good, eh?

Economics - What are the consequences to farm subsidization and how does it affect the supply curve? Sounds dry but my ECON class will tell you....it's NOT! What a great discussion today, and Tuesday we're playing the Economic Hitman Simulation.

Fun times indeed! Keep on truckin'!





No comments:

Post a Comment