WWII Interview Project Training

Friday, January 9, 2009

Exciting News - I Got Funded!!

Last year as I was planning for US History I (American Government), I thought the class would benefit immensely if we could read "Lord of the Flies," which perfectly captures the very reasons why we have a government in the first place. As my students know by now, the book tells the haunting story of boys that are traveling across the Pacific Ocean for a class trip. Their plane crashes and they are quickly faced with many choices, chiefest among them being, "What is our plan? How will we survive in a society with no rules?"

I read this book in high school and loved every second of it and wanted my students to enjoy the same opportunity. However, books for an entire class aren't cheap! I did some browsing on the Internet and found the website DonorsChoose.org, which allows donors to choose teacher projects that need financial assistance and then fund them.

My project was up on the website for 3 days before getting funded! I am so excited; the company told me that my books are on their way! I look forward to sharing this gift with my juniors for years to come- what a great opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment